I. Choose another poem by Dunbar or Robinson.
2. Write one or two paragraphs about structure and meaning.
3. Include sound and meter in your discussion of structure. Use the “Phonetic Transcription” widget on the Homepage (below) to help your analysis of sound and stress.
4. Prepare for the Test on Key Terms (metaphor, simile, line, stanza, etc.). The test will include the following sections:
(1) Identification of key terms (line, stanza, alliteration, etc.)
(2) Identification of figures of speech (metaphor, simile, etc.)
(3) Identification of (full or perfect) rhyme, half-rhyme and double rhyme
Use the flashcards and the in-class worksheet for your review. Test hints will be sent out by Twitter.